Originally this was the building of the Grand Hotel. After the war the hotel was known as Landesbank (Zemaljska banka – National Bank), then as a SSA (Service of Social Accounting), and today is known as the Department of payment processing.
The building was built in 1893 and was opened 1895. Designers were Karlo Paržik and Josip Vancaš.
The front of the building was built in the spirit of early Renaissance. In front of the building façade is located Eternal Fire (Vječna Vatra) which was kindled in 1946 as a monument for the Liberators of Sarajevo, and victim of fascism, who have fallen during the World War II.